Tobiano Golf Course – Kamloops, BC
Spread across a picturesque hillside and located only 20 mins from downtown Kamloops, Tobiano offers harmony in environmental architecture and design. The solitude of the 18 hole championship golf course, along with the peacefulness of the tranquil 29 km long Kamloops Lake engages your senses to the rich history the property holds.
Tobiano is a 1,000 acre luxury residential resort development in the sunny Thompson Okanagan, surrounded by 17,000 acres of leasehold ranchland. The result of 10 years of thoughtful planning by developer Mike Grenier, Tobiano is set on picturesque Kamloops Lake at Six Mile Ranch, a working cattle ranch. Once completed this $500 million development will feature a Thomas McBroom 18 hole Championship Golf Course & Training Academy.
- White silica sand from Boston Bar, BC fills the bunkers
- Extensive practice facilities include a 400 yard, double ended driving range, practice bunker and on-site lessons. There is also a chipping green and two putting greens.
- Full length, start to finish paved cart path.
- Each hole has a minimum of 4 tee boxes with some holes having as many as 6 tees.
- The course at Tobiano sits “softly” on the land and follows the natural landscape contours.
- The course layout and design precedes other Tobiano development features, resulting in an uninterrupted flow to the course.
Course Length: 5,441- 7,328 yards – a true, 18-hole championship length facility
Par: 72 – 5 par 5’s, 8 par 4’s, and 5 par 3’s with four tees per hole
Season: Early April to mid October
Terrain: The course at Tobiano offers a unique ranch style golf experience. The front nine features desert dunes and lush green fairways while the back nine offers open rangelands, ravines, and bluffs, all complemented by the stunning views of Kamloops Lake, visible from every golf hole. Strong, large, “ragged-edged” white sand bunkers – a recent McBroom design innovation match the scale of the natural surroundings while gullies define and bisect many of the holes.
- 10,000 square feet interior (incl. restaurant, lounge and golf shop). Large stone patio and events lawn outside connected to restaurant, overlooking Kamloops Lake and golf course.
- Designed to exude warmth and comfort, reflecting the ‘Tobiano style’ vernacular with strong wood and stone features tempered by modern construction techniques
- An extensive outdoor patio as well as restaurant and lounge with tents available for special events
All golfers and non-golfing riders must adhere to the following dress restriction:
- Denim of any type or color is not permitted.
- Shorts must have at least a 5″ inseam and hemmed bottoms.
- Shirts/tops must have a collar for men and a collar and/or sleeves for women.
- No jogging pants or nylon tracksuits are permitted.
- Tobiano recommends the use of soft-spiked golf shoes or soft-soled shoes on the course.
Nearest Major Cities: Frequent flights from Kamloops Airport, Kelowna and Vancouver Airports easily connect Tobiano to destination hubs in Vancouver, Victoria. 20 minutes from Kamloops, B.C
- 2 hrs from Vernon & Kelowna.
- 3.5 hours from Vancouver, B.C, Whistler, B.C. and the US border
- 4.5 hrs from Jasper, Alberta
- 5.5 hrs from Banff, Alberta
28 Holloway Drive. The course is a leading amenity at Tobiano, a 1,000 acre resort development on Six Mile Ranch overlooking Kamloops Lake, located 20 minutes West of Kamloops on the Open daily from dawn to dusk.
Book your golf vacation package now or phone 1.877.323.3633